21st Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas Night 1 Overview
December 12, 2010 3:44 PM
- Before the show even started Sublime’s Rome was already greeting people with Christmas cheer.
- KROQ.com’s very own Blackout catches the My Chemical Romance’s sound check.
- Get a look at the backstage mayhem and check out our digital coverage from deep within the dungeon of the Gibson Amphitheater.
- A Day To Remember started things off right by hitting the stage with new music to share.
- Switchfoot talks with Kevin & Bean before rockin’ a sweet cover of the [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Beastie Boys[/lastfm]‘ “Sabotage.”
- Anberlin dished details about their new album and then give a hell of a performance on stage.
- The Dirty Heads got Rome up on stage to help bring the Christmas spirit, which is just as fun as you think it would be.
- Cake told Kevin & Bean about life on the road and their new album before getting on stage to do an awesome cover of Black Sabbath’s “War Pigs.”
- Kevin & Bean asked if Bad Religion planned to cover Fear’s “F**k Christmas” before going on stage where Social Distortion’s Mike Ness watched their set.
- The guys from Jimmy Eat World played nice with Stryker after killing it onstage with their cover of Wham’s “Last Christmas.”
- One of the shows true highlights was having My Chemical Romance blow everyone away when they took the stage.
- Nicole Alvarez gets cozy with Social Distortion’s Mike Ness before he joined the rest of his band and rocked Night 1 with old school, OC punk rock.
- Stryker asked Billy Corgan why he’s so cute before Billy joined the rest of Smashing Pumpkins to close out the show on Night 1 of ACX 2010.
Make sure to check back here starting at 5pm, for more coverage of Night 2 of ACX 2010.