Peter Gabriel is finally getting some of that quid pro quo.
Three years ago, the former Genesis singer released an album of covers called Scratch My Back, which featured Gabriel crooning his versions of songs by David Bowie, Neil Young,Lou Reed, Bon Iver, Randy Newman and more. Back then, the goal was for Gabriel to release companion album of those same artists covering his own songs. After a bit of a delay, an album of all-stars covering Peter Gabriel tunes will soon see the light of day.
As Stereogum reports, the aptly titled And I’ll Scratch Yours will be out September 23 on Gabriel’s Real World label, featuring many of the same artists from Scratch My Back, including several songs that have already been released. You may have already heard Bon Iver’s version of “Come Talk To Me,” David Byrne’s take on “I Don’t Remember,” or English rock band Elbow‘s spot-on cover of “Mercy Street.” But new to the album will be a cover of “Games Without Frontiers” by Arcade Fire, Randy Newman covering “Big Time,” as well as new takes from Feist, Brian Eno and more.
Check out the artwork and the full tracklist below for And I’ll Scratch Yours.
Peter Gabriel’s And I’ll Scratch Yours tracklist:
01. David Byrne – “I Don’t Remember”
02. Bon Iver – “Come Talk to Me”
03. Regina Spektor – “Blood Of Eden”
04. Stephin Merritt – “Not One Of Us”
05. Joseph Arthur – “Shock The Monkey”
06. Randy Newman – “Big Time”
07. Arcade Fire – “Games Without Frontiers”
08. Elbow – “Mercy Street”
09. Brian Eno – “Mother Of Violence”
10. Feist – “Don’t Give Up” (Feat. Timber Timbre)
11. Lou Reed – “Solsbury Hill”
12. Paul Simon – “Biko”
A few versions of the previously released covers below.
-Jeremy Larson, Radio.com