- David Bowie Announces 40th Anniversary 'Diamond Dogs' Picture Disc Today marks the 40th anniversary of Diamond Dogs, the 1974 concept album from David Bowie. To commemorate the occasion, the singer has announced a limited edition of the album's eponymous single as a picture disc.
- Watch Neil Young Cover 'Needle of Death' at Third Man Records Neil Young has offered up the first taste from his upcoming album, A Letter Home, which will be released on Jack White's label, Third Man Records. His cover of Burt Jansch's "Needle of Death" was recorded in Third Man's "record booth," a refurbished...
- Robert Plant: 'Zero' Chance of Led Zeppelin Reunion Bad news for Led Zeppelin fans: the band won't be performing live soon-- if ever.
- Eminem, OutKast, Pearl Jam & Lorde to Headline Austin City Limits Music Festival This year's Austin City Limits Festival features a diverse lineup that includes Eminem, Pearl Jam, OutKast, Skrillex, Beck and Calvin Harris.
- Listen: Prince's Surprise New Single 'The Breakdown' Less than 24 hours after he announced his new partnership with Warner Bros. Records, Prince also revealed a new song. "The Breakdown" dropped late Friday night (April 18) and is now available for fans to purchase on iTunes.
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, 'Purple Rain' Reissue A new partnership between Prince and Warner Bros. will yield previously unheard music, the pair announced today.
- Listen to a New Bruce Springsteen Song, 'Hurry Up Sundown' Last week the E Street Band was getting inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame. This week, the world gets to hear a new Bruce Springsteen song from the forthcoming album American Beauty EP (why yes, that is also the name of a seminal Grateful Dead...
- Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic Talk Preparing for Nirvana's Rock Hall Induction, Band's Future Minds were blown last week when surviving Nirvana members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic got together to perform songs by their former band for the first time since Kurt Cobain walked the earth, about two decades ago.
- Coldplay Announce Tour Dates Behind New Album, 'Ghost Stories' Coldplay are gearing up to release their latest album, Ghost Stories, on May 19, and they're already plotting dates to bring fans their new music.
- Courtney Love Doesn't Like Bruce Springsteen's Music Because… Although she does enjoy "Nebraska."
- AC/DC Not Breaking Up After All, Despite Member's Illness "We are definitely getting together in May in Vancouver," he told the Daily Telegraph. "We're going to pick up some guitars, have a plonk, and see if anybody has got any tunes or ideas. If anything happens, we'll record it."
- Neil Young’s Pono Kickstarter Raised Over $6 Million Neil Young sure knows a thing or two about crowd funding. His Pono Kickstarter not only reached its goal of $800,000 in its first day, but the pledges rose upwards of $6.2 million. Today (April 15), his Kickstarter project closed having r...