Born on the very day that Jimi Hendrix died, Remy Maxwell was destined for greatness. But mediocrity would have to do. Raised on a farm in South Louisiana by free-spirited freaks, Remy was inundated with music from day one.
Weaned on a healthy diet of Zeppelin, Elton John, The Beatles, Joni Mitchell (no, not Ween … they weren’t born yet) and the like wafting from the speakers in the trees, Joni and Elton were quickly replaced by Nugent and KISS, which provided an effortless transition to Van Halen, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, Alice in Chains, Janes Addiction and TOOL to name but a few.
Finally, the impressionable youth’s life calling was made apparent! Since that lucrative gig as an exterminator didn’t pan out, Remy spent his formative years playing in bands in New Orleans, Orlando, and Los Angeles. That never blew up into rock-star-size proportions, so a life behind the mic bouncin’ off the walls doin’ a show on the radio would have to suffice.
During a brief two-year interlude in L.A., he engineered records for such luminaries as Motörhead, Great White, Blind Melon, Irene Cara (FAME, baby!), Keith Sweat (pullin’ jailbait waaay before R.Kelly), and Gerardo. After stints at the ground-breaking KNAC and KLOS in Southern California, the allure of monster mosquitos in the summer and sub-zero ice fishing temperatures in the winter became too tough to ignore. Remy packed up his Harleys, DVD collection, and rolling wet bar and landed in Minneapolis, where he has reigned as rock radio’s premiere “Dirtbag Dujour” for almost a decade.
They went 0 to 100 in 6 months…
He’s broken on through…
And then, to add insult to injury, STP go and replace Scott with the emo-screamer dude from Linkin Park!
You’re not still holdin’ yer breath for a Zeppelin tour, are you?
It’s Hip to Be Square!
Wouldn’t it have made more sense if “Foreigner” only went by that name when they were touring out of the country? Then they could be “Indigenous” when they were playing here in the States. Just [...]
Do you think “Stamped of the Disco Elephants” is a step UP from “Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water”?
Finally, a 3-D movie that isn’t animated, doesn’t star Robert Downey, Jr., or have a a talking animal in it.
You gotta respect a girl who marches to the beat of her own guitar player…
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the greatest new song on the planet!
- Michelle Rodriquez — Jack's... January Jones — Jack’s Crush... Theodora Richards — Jack’s... Rolling Stones Tour
- Georgia May Jagger — Jack’s... Karlie Kloss -- Jack's Crush... 2013 Rock Hall Of Fame Olga Kurylenko -- Jack's...
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Vanessa Hudgens -- JACK's... Jennifer Hawkins -- JACK's... Mad Men's Finest
- Kate Upton -- JACK's Crush Of... Olivia Wilde -- JACK's Crush... Mila Kunis -- JACK's Crush Of... Ke$ha -- JACK's Crush Of The...
- [VIDEO] Watch New Anchorman: The Legend Continues Trailer: 1041jack.fm/11bIiGy 59 minutes ago
- [VIDEO] Heavy Metal Polka! Watch: 1041jack.fm/11cHRlc 3 hours ago
- '@RollingStones Exhibit Brings ‘Satisfaction’ To Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame: 1041jack.fm/1a7Jct5 @Rock_Hall 5 hours ago
- [PHOTOS] #Fast6's Michelle Rodriguez — Jack’s Crush Of The Week: 1041jack.fm/16PMapN Ian Gavan/Getty Images http://t.co/p08HY14NHm 5 hours ago
- Wanna listen to @1041JackFM on your phone? Get the new @RadioDotCom app! Download it here: 1041jack.fm/12WbeFx 6 hours ago