Don Was has had some great experiences at the GRAMMY Awards. In 1994, he was named Producer of The Year. That same year, he was the musical director for a tribute to Curtis Mayfield that […]
New Orleans legend Aaron Neville has listened to doo-wop music for his entire life, but until today (January 22), he’d never released an album paying tribute to the genre. His latest effort, My True Story, […]
Tuesday (January 22) sees the release of Aaron Neville’s new album, My True Story. A collection of classic doo-wop numbers, Neville teamed up with a pretty heavy-duty production team for the album: Don Was and […]
Last year saw the quiet release of Van Morrison‘s 34th album, Born To Sing: No Plan B. One of the reasons that it didn’t get a lot of press was that Van historically isn’t fond of doings interviews or promotion. But Radio.com talked to Don Was — the president of his record label, Blue Note Records — about the album.
2012 saw the return of Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Aerosmith and (sort of) Led Zeppelin. 2013 promises lots of great albums, films and tours from some of music’s greatest legends. The Return […]
“So, here they are siting next to me on a sofa, and Mick was telling me what he wanted in a producer. And Keith was telling me why he didn’t want a producer! And they would not yield the conversation to each other. It might have been ten minutes — it was probably five — but they both talked at the same time and would not yield to the other guy!”
“From the time I was 14, all I wanted to do was play bass for Bob Dylan! And when I became a producer, I thought, ‘If I could produce Bob Dylan, that’d be incredible!’ And then it actually happened. The odds of that happening, man, are like, absurd! But the universe came together, and there I was, with Bob Dylan!”
In stores this week is GRRR!, a career-spanning greatest hits set by The Rolling Stones. There are several versions of the collection available, including the 80-track “Super Deluxe” version. But with 50 years under their collective belt, even 80 songs doesn’t seem enough. Here, we suggest a couple of other great Stones songs that could make it an even 100 (and there’d still be songs missing).
To call Van Morrison prolific is a bit of an understatement. Since releasing his debut solo album Blowin’ Your Mind! in 1967, the Irish singer-songwriter has released 33 studio albums and a number of live […]
- Michelle Rodriquez — Jack's... January Jones — Jack’s Crush... Theodora Richards — Jack’s... Rolling Stones Tour
- Georgia May Jagger — Jack’s... Karlie Kloss -- Jack's Crush... 2013 Rock Hall Of Fame Olga Kurylenko -- Jack's...
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Vanessa Hudgens -- JACK's... Jennifer Hawkins -- JACK's... Mad Men's Finest
- Kate Upton -- JACK's Crush Of... Olivia Wilde -- JACK's Crush... Mila Kunis -- JACK's Crush Of... Ke$ha -- JACK's Crush Of The...
- This week in Finding MN, Bill Hudson takes to the gravel roads of southern Minnesota. Observe the Wilderfest! | cbsloc.al/16NboVk 4 hours ago
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Could Cost More Than $2 Billion: cbsloc.al/16Q89wR 5 hours ago
- '@ArethaFranklin Postpones Tour To July: 1041jack.fm/1a85f2V 6 hours ago
- [VIDEO] Watch New Anchorman: The Legend Continues Trailer: 1041jack.fm/11bIiGy 7 hours ago
- [VIDEO] Heavy Metal Polka! Watch: 1041jack.fm/11cHRlc 10 hours ago