The Beach Boys
In recent years particularly, labels like Rhino and Sony Legacy have released more best-of collections and box sets than ever. But how many is too many? If nearly all the compilations are identical in tracklisting, what’s the point?
Brian Wilson is the reason to go see the Beach Boys’ 50th anniversary tour, but he also happens to be the cause of it. One might assume it’s another one of those tours engineered to […]
This week, Aerosmith kicked off its Global Warming Tour – a tour that, following Steven Tyler’s American Idol-inspired near-replacement in 2010, some thought might not happen. But Tyler and guitarist Joe Perry worked out their […]
Surfers, sunshine and sexy girls – that’s the trifecta of fun presented by the Beach Boys in their new video for “That’s Why God Made The Radio.” It’s not until the last minute of the […]
This week, The Beach Boys returned to the Billboard 200 album chart with their highest debut ever, for their new album That’s Why God Made The Radio. The album came in at No. 3 and […]
The Beach Boys’ surviving members – Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston and David Marks – joined L.A. sister station K-EARTH 101′s Morning Show with Gary Bryan last week on-air to talk about […]
Following what was easily the best week all year for new classic rock releases, it’s no surprise that a slew of legacy artists are making high debuts on the Billboard 200 album chart this week. […]
There’s only so many ways to say “catch a wave.” Original surf-rockers like Dick Dale and The Ventures didn’t need lyrics to communicate their beachy message, just signature guitar riffs played with gusto. Yet when […]
This weekend, Manchester, Tennessee hosts one of the country’s largest music events, the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival. Bonnaroo started out as a jam-band-based festival (as opposed to Coachella’s hipper, more indie-rock focus). But in […]
The Beach Boys are undeniably Southern California’s hometown heroes. They’ve created a signature sound that defines the laid back California beach lifestyle, infatuation with classic cars and young romance, and now after 50 influential years […]
- Janina Gavankar — Jack’s... Amy Adams — Jack's Crush Of... Zoe Saldana — Jack’s Crush Of... Boston Strong
- Chrissy Teigen — Jack's Crush... Michelle Rodriquez — Jack's... January Jones — Jack’s Crush... Theodora Richards — Jack’s...
- Rolling Stones Tour Georgia May Jagger — Jack’s... Karlie Kloss -- Jack's Crush... 2013 Rock Hall Of Fame
- Olga Kurylenko -- Jack's... Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Vanessa Hudgens -- JACK's... Jennifer Hawkins -- JACK's...
- The sun is finally showing its face. So @WCCO is thinking about water parks. What’s your favorite spot? Vote now: cbsloc.al/16c2Fsb 7 hours ago
- Yeah, he's money; a lock of Mick Jagger's hair is selling for a few grand: 1041jack.fm/11Xjua0 11 hours ago
- '@DepecheMode’s ‘Concert For The Masses’ Rose Bowl Show, 25 Years Later: 1041jack.fm/18X6ExP 12 hours ago
- [PHOTOS] @Janina Gavankar — Jack’s Crush Of The Week: 1041jack.fm/1aq6QEa (Credit: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images) http://t.co/BI2aa1Cy9x 13 hours ago
- Not safe for work. Or home. Or anywhere! @BobDylan painted topless women in Central Park: 1041jack.fm/13Z003u 13 hours ago